Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm trying to be a trooper.

Friday was good. Minus school. I volunteered to have my piece critiqued by the class because I needed the presentation points. The poem previous to my critique was titled "I Hate You." It was a mindless stream of consciousness filled with dull language, and countless cliches, and the entire circle talked about that piece for a good ten minutes. Mine came last after a very well written portion of a short story (kudos to you dude) and the room just fell completely SILENT... After a lot of awkward glances, the critique ended with my teacher continually trying to convince the class that it was a strong piece.
"So we agree this was a strong piece correct?" She must of said it three times before someone decided that the most intelligentt criticism they could muster was a grammatical error in line such and such and said nothing further on it, no praise, no polish, no nothing. I'm not sure exactly why this happened. Regardless I've lost all faith in any of their abilities to write or critique.

Today was good. I woke up early with a bloody crusty nose, but very happy. Even if the latter part of last night was a little crazy with my mom I'm glad we worked through it and got on good terms before we both passed out. She also listened to my ideas for my new project and she seemed really into it, which is always good. My little Delilah was the first thing I saw and heard. She was all kindza meowing because shes fat and always hungry. Shes gotten a lot better
(aka mad lovingg meee)
I spent the day with my family roaming through antique and consignment shops, and getting crazy like we doooo. We also went to a pet store and I met a really adorable bunny with a lot of personality who really enjoyed nibbling on my sweater. Tails picked up some siqq treats for our little sugar gliders and my aunt bough some fish that she nearly killed later that day when she slipped and almost broke her face on the pavement. My mom cooked me dinner and talked to me about college, and huge stuff it was good, made me feel more comfortable about it all. Then Little D (Delilah) wore my ass out playing with her. Its 11 on a Saturday night and I'm ready to hit a siqq movie and pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment